Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A U D I O / V I S U A L
for
The Week of July First



The Shirelles: Dedicated to the One I Love For some reason I've been very fond of this group of girls lately... of course, like people warned me it would, my like has diminshed since the beginning of the week, but still. I think their music is on the verge of eerie: the lyrics are usually filled with stereotypical joy and things like that, but when I listen to it, I can only picture them with stone faces, occasionally moving their hips or snapping.

Heartless Bastards: Into the Open I don't know much about this group, but I enjoy this song. I'm not even sure if the singer is a boy or girl. The piano is what I enjoy.

Pied Pipers: Mam'selle Last summer, a small shop on Cherokee known as "Best Friends Pet Supply and Used Book Store" was having a large (as large as it could be-- the building was very small) closing sale, and I picked up a songbook of 'timeless gems' from the 1960s. This song was in there, along with It Must Be Him, Spinning Weel, A Kind of a Hush, Leaving on a Jet Plane...

Below are scenes from our two museum voyages: The City Museum (for which we thought it'd be fun to pack a book bag full of animal crackers, vitamin water and notebooks), The Saint Louis Art Museum, The Fourth of July (where Cyndi Lauper performed, I still don't know how I feel about it almost a week later) and fun with Kaitlyn.





E A T Y OU R H E A R T O U T

Epsiode One (July 8th, 2007)

No comments: