Monday, July 23, 2007

A U D I O / V I S U A L
for
The Week of July Fifteenth

Ruby and the Romantics: Our Day Will Come How can one dislike this song, really? It's one of those songs, like those of the Shirelles, that just brings about an almost sinister feeling... like the artist knows something you don't. Can't you see planes crashing and steamers sinking and people exploding in your head very easily when listening to this? Try it. Come on.

Junior Senior: Can I Get Get Get Plainly and simply makes one want to dance. Their music video is awfully enjoyable, too, and it's just a, eh, "fun" song. The "a" is paired with the "fun" there, not the "eh." Just so you know.

Seabear: Drunk Song I just heard of these guys this week and I really, really like them. They're soft without being depressing and simple without being boring, and they play a mean piano.


I'd say my favorite part of this week was Saturday evening, when we found a two young street musicians and asked if we could videotape them. They were both young, in high school, and so small. One was rotund and blonde, the other slight and Asian-- he playing the violin and Rotund playing the clarinet(te). Below is a video-- prior to the street musician footage you will find a very annoying account of pizza-eating. Click here for all episodes of my 'show,' Eat Your Heart Out.

Thursday night was my second opening at the BCofArts and it went incredibly well. There was even more of a crowd than last time, which I didn't think possible, and it rained, which gave the show a comfy, cozy, and somewhat lovely atmosphere. I think people honestly enjoyed themselves, and I'm looking forward to my next and final installation of the summer in August.





E A T Y O U R H E A R T O U T

Episode Five (July 19th, 2007)


Episode Four (July 18th, 2007)

No comments: